Pattern Downloading Tips
HAS YOUR PAYMENT CLEARED?
All of my patterns are now available as instant downloads on the four websites that I use for selling: Etsy, Ravelry, Craftsy, and Loveknitting. All four pattern websites work the same way. Your pattern will be available to download after your payment clears.
DID YOU PURCHASE ON CRAFTSY?
Once your payment clears, the pattern is available to you instantly as a PDF download. It will NOT be emailed to you.
1. Log in to Craftsy with your email and password.
2. In the white box to the left, click on "My Patterns".
3. Click on the image of the pattern you wish to download.
DID YOU PURCHASE ON ETSY?
After purchasing a pattern on Etsy, you'll see a link to the Downloads page. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order. Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed. If you paid with PayPal or a credit card on Etsy, confirmation may take a few minutes. You'll see a notice at the top of the page if your payment is still processing.
Once your payment clears, you can also retrieve your pattern two different ways:
1. Check your email. Etsy will send an email to the email address that you have on file with ETSY. (This is not necessarily your PayPal email address. It is YOUR responsibility to know which email address you have used for Etsy.) In this email, you will find the download instructions. Be sure to check ALL your email addresses if you have not received this email, as well as your spam folder. Look for an email from "firstname.lastname@example.org".
2. Alternatively, you can sign into your Etsy account and retrieve your pattern at any time, as long as the payment has cleared. On the upper right side of your screen, move your mouse over the words "Your Account", and select "Purchases & Reviews" from the drop-down menu. This will take you to a list of all your purchases on Etsy. To the right of the pattern order, click on the blue button that says "Download Files".
Troubleshooting for Etsy:
- If your payment is still processing, the "Download Files" button will be gray and you will not be able to click it. If nothing happens when you click the download link, then please contact Etsy's support team at https://www.etsy.com/help/contact.
- Some people may have trouble downloading digital files on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. If you're using the Etsy app, try using your mobile browser instead. If all else fails, please access your order on a desktop computer.
- If your computer is unable to open the file, it's possible that you're missing the program required to open the file type. You will need Adobe Reader to read the PDF pattern. It can be downloaded for free from http://www.adobe.com.
DID YOU PURCHASE ON RAVELRY?
Once your payment clears, Ravelry will send you an email with your PDF download information. The pattern is not included as an attachment in the email, you will need to click on the link to download it. If you do not see this email, please check your spam folder for an email from "email@example.com". On rare occasions, there may be delays with either PayPal or Ravelry's website and the email may be delayed by a few hours.
If you have any further questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.